Sorry! Since I have last written our house was "burgled" and my laptop (and some pics that I hadn't backed up yet) were stolen so I have had other priorities than updating the blog. But one new home security system and laptop later...here we go!
Thought I'd share a typical evening at our house. Bedtime for the kids is 8-3:30 PM, mostly for OUR sanity-not the kids! Once we have baths, brush teeth, floss teeth, read Bible stories, pray, dispense any medicine, get bedtime drinks, give kisses, get tucked in...there is still this whole routine of getting out of bed to come tell mom & dad some important information. See below...
LENA
- I'm not tired!
- I'm still soooooo thirsty, can I have another drink?
- I can't find my special puppy dog (or any other stuffed-animal-of-the-day).
- Its too hot up on my bunk, can I sleep in your bed?
- Sadie is being too loud!
- I'm scared of dinosaurs (or bears or crocodiles or...)
- I need...ummmm...I want.....ummm...I just want...to give you a kiss!
- My baby can't fall asleep because I need to change her clothes!
- I 'ant dink pease. (I want drink please)
- I 'ant doo doo ains. (choo choo trains)
- Hi mama! (declared with a silly smile)
- I 'ant dada's bed!
So to summarize: After the 45 minutes or so to do the ACTUAL bedtime routine plus another 15-30 minutes of the kid's AFTER bedtime routine (accompanied by many trips walking our sweet kiddos back into bed, some threats of taking away favorite blankies or toys if they don't stay in bed, then following up on the threats and yes - even a spanking if necessary - Anthony and I are usually ready for bed ourselves! Maybe if we start at 6:30 PM...
3 comments:
Your routine made me laugh. Because I can relate. Sometimes I am too tired to start Lucy's bedtime routine so I let her stay up late. It doesn't make sense, but it happens. :)
Stinks about your house getting broken into!
Hilary,
you need to add a P.S. to this posting to tell about Lena's new summer bedtime!! LOL Love that story! Kiddos are so funny!
Love you
Heather
So sorry to hear about your house! People suck.
Ahh, bedtime. Don't you just wish kids could enjoy it as much as us adults? I just love going to bed at night. Your little ones sure are adorable!! Love you guys.
Post a Comment