I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prune Harvest







Dad's machines moved in and had our place finished in just over a day. The girls had a great time watching Papa's "sheenes" run and Case was content to ride around in the mule and eventually fell asleep around the noise of the equipment!

I just love the sweet, ripe smell of prunes in the air, the loud revved up whir of the bincarrier whizzing by, the vibration in the ground as a tree is shook, the thump-thump-thump of fruit falling on the decks, rows of full bins in a loading area and the smoosh of overripe fruit under your feet. Ahhh...harvest!

Now back to reality - loads to schedule, farmers to call, fruit to test, fields to check!

3 comments:

erica said...

Great description! I almost feel like I'm there! :)

The Zone said...

Oh I miss harvest!!! Nothing like the smells and sounds and all the hussle-bussle and work, work, work to make you feel "Harvest-y"!!!
Love all the pics - but the ones of the kiddos in the prunes is so precious! You should enlarge and frame it for the office!! :)
Jessa and Joshy checked all the pics over carefully - Jessa wants to know if we will hear the harvesters all the time when we move back too. Josh was jealous that Baby Case was riding with Papa in the mule.....lol! :)

ashley boom said...

The pictures are sooooo adorable! I love you Hil! Have a great harvest season!!