We are normal parents who daily pray for wisdom and patience in this adventure of raising our kids! Lena is almost five years old, Hanne is two and a half and Case is four months.
We thought blogging would be a great way to keep our family and friends updated and share pictures of our cutie pies!
Anthony owns a welding and fabrication company (porterswelding.com) and Hilary works for her parent's agribusiness (eneinc.com) and the kids work their hardest to drive us nuts! On real fun days I've been known to tell the girls that they are turning me into a walnut. Or an almond. Or a pistachio. Or all of the above! That seems to help calm the chaos and start the giggles.
We love to include the kids in what we do...so Lena often helps Auntie Beth in the office at Porter's Welding and Hanne just loves driving forklift with Daddy. Since prune harvest is almost here I've been checking fields with my little entourage of helpers and they enjoy doing their own version of fruit testing: taste testing!
More to come!
3 comments:
Hilary,
You say it so well - and it is a kid's job to drive the parent nuts, right? After all, by the time they are teens, we are supposed to have lost most of our brain cells so they can think "Gosh Mom and Dad sure are dumb!" and roll their eyes at us.
So happy you started blogging - - I love getting to see your sweeties and hear about what's up!
Hugs!
Heather
HOORAY A PORTER BLOG!!! I LOVE YOU - and LOVE YOU some more!!
Hugs from us in Chico too...
-Ash
Yay! I love being able to keep up with everyone through blogs! We had such a great time visiting last weekend. Love you!
Beth
Post a Comment