I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Sadie


Here she is! Sadie Violet Porter was born last Tuesday (Aug 11th) at 1:10 AM. God blessed us with a short & mild labor (yes, I actually said mild!) that was easy on Sadie. She had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck three times and the nurses said that longer contractions/labor would have been so much harder on our little one! More details later! She is healthy and strong, 10 fingers and 10 toes! We are so thankful!

She has so much blond hair, full of cowlicks! She takes after both Hanne & Case in the looks department - but definitely has her own little sweet sense of self! She is a great baby and rarely cries, sleeps on and off during the day and spends the evening "stocking up" nursing and then sleeps from around midnight to 5:30 or 6:30 AM. I can't complain.


I just had to include these three pictures...here is our new family unit! Four kids! We must be nuts! In the first picture Case is sweetly checking out the new competition! In the second picture he has moved around back to get closer to her...notice that I'm holding Hanne's hand back and my mom is trying to grab Case before he gives too many "loves" to Sadie.

Seconds later in the third picture...Case throwing a tantrum and big sisters are full of smiles! This has become an almost hourly occurrence at the Porter household this past week!
Poor Case - he has had the toughest time adjusting to baby Sadie. He loves her...he'll come up to her and plop a matchbox car on her face (sharing) or lay his head down on top of hers (giving "loves") but he is a little guy and can't quite be gentle ALL the time, so we have to watch him closely!
Overall, our entire family is pretty much back into the new, adjusted routine. Lena is in First grade now and has school from 8:30-2:45 and Hanne and Case go to pre-school 3 mornings a week from 8:15-11:45 so we sort of have to be on a tight schedule. So far Sadie's feedings and naps have coordinated just perfectly with our 3 trips a day.
Prune harvest has also started (about the same time Sadie was born) so that has been keeping me busy on the phone but I have lots of help from my "right-hand-man" Valerie at the office and she has been covering the bases for me quite well! I won't be getting out into the field much this season!

5 comments:

The Zone said...

If there was a Super-Mom award I would be nominating you!! I am praying for a bubble of good health, obedient kiddos and lots of sleep to settle in over your home!!
But as an auntie, I have to say that you have the greatest and sweetest cuties ever!! Sadie is just the most precious and amazing gift and her name suits her so perfectly. I love seeing how all the sibs interact and "love" on each other. Such a blessing to be so close now -- I'm just loving every second of it!

The Zone said...

You really should blog about the details of your delivery. Such an amazing story and I think everyone would love to hear it. Just this sister's humble opinion.
Hahahaha - like you have extra time these days to blog stories for the rest of us!;)

Alicia and James Cravenho said...

She is absolutely precious!!! I am so glad to hear the delivery went well. I absolutely love the name Sadie! It is one of the top names on my babynames.com account. :0) (Is it weird I've been thinking up baby names since I was 10?) Love you all!!

erica said...

Congratulations, Hilary! You are super mommy!! And I would love to hear your labor story... it gives me hope that maybe when we get around to having another kid, labor won't be quite so bad. :)

ashley boom said...

Hello Super-Mom! I completely agree with Heather.... you are AMAZING and you are raising some pretty darn amazing kiddos. They're super cute too. I can't wait to love up on baby Sadie again soon!

Love you!