I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Great Recipe!

I've been making these yummy and healthy bars for quick breakfasts & snacks for the girls & I! So here you go Heather, Ashley & mom!

Fruit & Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
•2 eggs, lightly beaten
•3 cups quick-cooking oats
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1 Tbsp honey
•1 cup fat free milk
•1/8 cup vegetable oil
•1/4 cup applesauce
•1 mashed ripe banana
•1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
•1 cup raisins/cranberries/dried chopped fruit, soaked in juice or water & drained (I've been using Sunsweet's Antioxidant blend from Costco)
•2 teaspoons baking powder
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1 tsp allspice

1.Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9 x 12 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cut into squares.

3 comments:

ashley boom said...

Thank you for posting the recipe! Nate loved them - He will be happy to know that I can make more for him. To add a bit of "not-super-healthy" to a very healthy breakfast bar, Nate added a thin layer of cream cheese and stacked two. He claims it was excellent!! Sounds good, huh.

Thanks Hil! You are amazing!

The Zone said...

I made the bars this morning and they are YUMMY!! Hard to believe that something that healthy is that good!! Joshy helped me and he was calling them "COOKIE BARS"....
I did sprinkle a few choco chips on top to tempt my non-oatmeal fans...guess we will see how that goes.
Thanks for the great recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I am always looking for something to bring along to work for breakfast in the morning. These are just what I've been looking for!