We were absolutely needing food in our house - the girls have had PB&J two meals in a row - so I went grocery shopping at SavMor tonight. I loathe this over-priced, under-stocked establishment but it happens to be 5 minutes away from my house and with 3 kids...it fits in the schedule!
So I go in around 9:30 PM after the kids are in bed and Anthony is at home. I'm wearing jeans, flip flops and a scrubby old t-shirt, my hair isn't that bad but no makeup. I bought Anthony this yummy looking 6 pack (that I can't even drink-still nursing) along with the rest of the groceries and THE STUPID CHECKOUT GUY DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR MY ID!!!
I was insulted! This is the first time this has happened to me! I AM OLD! Granted - I don't believe that I've purchased alcohol since way before Lena was born, but still...have I aged that much in six years? Apparently! So I came home and ate a large bowl of ice cream!
3 comments:
I can so completely understand this horrible feeling!! And it does not help things that I live in a Southern state where everyone (including the garbage pickup guy) call me "Ma'am".
When did this happen that I became the neighborhood mom whose greatest attribute is her baking talents???
Nope, not known for being the hottie who gardens in her shorty-shorts (not that I ever would anyways) but NO. I skipped right past all that to June- freaking- Cleaver-minus-the-pearls.
Please pass the ice cream.
My comment is..... that is was SO nice of you to buy your hubby something yummy that you couldn't even share with him! That should get you some Bonus Points, right!? It is also my opinion that ALL frustrating situations should be followed by a bowl of ice cream! After my crazy day at school (7:30AM to 7PM...parent meetings, progress reports, field trip phone calls, etc...!)....pass the ice cream! I'm darn hungry!
You're so funny! If I was the checker I definitely would have carded you, no questions asked. Maybe they just figured that they would be the "cool" checkout person who all the college kids can go to get beer... who knows. Either way, it never hurts to end an annoying situation with ice cream. :)
Post a Comment