I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Friday, June 5, 2009

Muddy Kids



Are we raising dirt-ball kids or what? Anthony was spreading manure & compost in the orchard and if Case hears the tractor running outside he is just frantic to get out there & see what Daddy is doing...so we decided to hang out in the yard for awhile.
I turned on the hose to keep them cool and this is what ensued! Poor Case was being "painted" with mud by his loving older sisters and the girls were applying mud "tattoos" to each other! Case was preoccupied with hunting through the mud to find rocks to eat while the girls worked on him - he patiently sat still for his entire mud bath session!

3 comments:

The Zone said...

Country kids earn their status by these mud baths! Love the mud tattoo idea - very creative!
And what's up with Case eating rocks?? Does that mean he's missing something in his diet?

(I had a prego book that said if you want to eat dirt when you are pregnant that means you are low on iron. What woman ever wanted to eat dirt?!)

Can't wait to get back - then our kids can be dirtballs together! Yay!!

erica said...

When I started reading the post I thought they were playing in compost and manure... eww! :) Dirt is much better!!

And Heather, I had a teacher who would go out to her sandbox, fill up a cup, bring it inside and munch on it while she was pregnant! And one of the girls I work with craved dirt so bad when she was pregnant that she made her husband go put a tarp over their freshly tilled garden space so that she couldn't see it! So weird!

The Zone said...

Erica-
I'm gagging. Please tell me you are kidding. ISHY ISHY ISH!!!!
Heather