I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkins and Trick or Treating

We love getting pumpkins and this year Lena ( & Daddy) had signed up to work at the 4-H Corn Maze that is at our local pumpkin patch so we had a great afternoon of fun! 



The older kids in the "scary" corn maze!



Sadie slept through most of the action!

On Halloween night we met up with some friends and family to go trick or treating at our church's assisted living facility (or the Grandma & Grandpa church as the girls call it) and all the residents just loved seeing the kids dressed up!  Case was a bit hesitant to participate at first - but once he realized that everyone had baskets of candy on their laps, he went down that line of folks and just reached right in to grab the candy himself!  What manners that little boy has!

Cousin Jessa (a beautiful maiden) & Lena (a shimmering butterfly or dragonfly-she kept changing her mind!)


Hanne (a purple flower) with her best little buddy Elsje ( a flapper)

Auntie Beth (a gardener) with Sadie (a pea in the pod)

A tired little pea!

Case (a very reluctant scarecrow, minus the cute hat) with Anthony

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures and costumes! Is that a toy baby carrier and baby with Hanne in the first picture? Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay and that is me, Beth. For some reason it won't let me use my pureveracity name. Maybe because I made it private? I'm not sure ... but e.crail is me. :)

Alicia and James Cravenho said...

What beautiful & handsome kiddos you have! I enjoyed the updates. Love you all!!!

erica said...

The kids all look great! Thanks so much for updating your blog... I was missing all you Porters!! :)